Well, THIS woman, anyway. I love creating things in the kitchen. My ideal Sunday afternoon involves making complicated and slow-cooking dishes that take at least a couple of hours from beginning to end. Like meditation, only with a big fat tasty reward at the end. So when we had Friday off as a holiday, I spent the afternoon leisurely baking things like Banana Walnut Cardamom muffins. Inspired by Tammy's Banana Bread, I added nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom-infused milk to a basic banana-nut muffin recipe.
Then I made some doggy biscuits, recipe from Eric Rochow on Gardenfork. It's super-easy with only 4 ingredients, and I made smaller-sized cookies for our smaller-sized guy. Corser usually only likes veggies/fruits or meaty treats, so I was totally surprised he liked the cookies! Maybe it's because they're a bit chewy in the center, and he loves soft things. The smell of the cookies also reminded me of Kare Kare, Filipino oxtail & peanut butter stew (maybe next time I'll add some veggies to the cookies!)
For my big guy, I made one of his favorite meals: Fish Tacos. I've actually never made them before, and was remembering the Mahi Mahi Quesadillas that our friend Rich Vigil made during our stay in Maui. For my version, I marinated Mahi Mahi filets, made an extremely spicy fruit salsa using Terra Firma Farm peaches & tomatoes, and made a cabbage-bell-pepper & yogurt slaw to cool things down.Nothing makes me happier than seeing my boys happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment