Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bursting with the News

So... yeah. Cat's outta the bag. I'm pregnant!

I'm now in my 5th month, and the due date is June 24. Russell and I don't want to know the gender, which made the last ultrasound a bit interesting because the doctor/technician has to tell us to "look away" every time they got to the boy/girl parts. This was the ultrasound at which they could discern the gender, and the doctor just ended up saying "whichever one it is, one or the other, all the parts are there and it looks totally normal!" Yay, a "normal" baby!

Russell has been taking a weekly picture of the... um, "growth" every week since my 3rd month, which was when I really started showing. You can see them HERE and on the link to the right titled "Pictures of the Preggo in Progress". What SUCKED is that we found out I was pregnant a couple weeks before we went on our roadtrip to Oregon & Washington. This means I couldn't drink any beer in Portland. No. Beer. In Portland. If that isn't hell, I don't know what is.

We've been telling Corser that he has to be a good Big Brother to the little one, set a good example, and not hog the couch all the time because he will soon have to share it with his little sibling. Of course, as usual, Corser was not impressed.

A lot of our friends have been giving birth, either with their 1st or 2nd child (or 3rd for the Rozales family), in the past and next few months. In less than a 12 month period, our group of friends will have produced 8 new babies (counting ours). That's already in addition to the several little kids who are already running around at our backyard barbecues. Oh my goodness, look at what our lives are turning into!

We're lucky to be living in such a great city to raise a kid, and we're looking forward to experiencing new adventures with our second urban baby (our first baby being Corser, of course!)

2 comments:

kdjc said...

OMG! You're going to be a mommy! Trina...it is truly the most amazing experience. You will never experience the love you will when you look at your baby for the first time. Just remember that when they are running and screaming through the house with no diapers on! xoxo - kimberly

TT Design said...

you look so cute with your belly! can't wait to see your belly this weekend. i love all of your pics!!! isn't the kicking just too much fun?!! 4 more months to go!!!

Tammy