The Parkside Tavern finally opened a few days ago. Has the same owners as Foley's Irish Pub downtown, with an interesting menu featuring "upscale" pub food. Hmmmm. That's good news for my dad, who now can get his steak dinner fix a few blocks away.
So we checked it out after work on Friday. Boy was this place SLAMMED on its opening weekend! We said hello to former Rick's Aloha bartender Jason, who was hanging out at the other end of the bar. We spotted a couple other folks from the old Rick's karaoke crew. We noticed a lot of older folks like our table neighbors, very casually dressed down, who were also former Rick's regulars checking the new joint out too. In all the madness, our server forgot our order, and eventually forgot about us, leading to an unhappy word with the manager, who comped our entire meal. It was actually pretty delish, and we understood it was a crazy night for the staff, so giving us this freebie was very cool on their part.
We then strolled back home, stopping by The Spot Lounge for more booze. The beer was fine, but the soju was our downfall. Doing shots with one of the owners, yikes. This morning, I had one of the most brutal hangovers I've had in years. YEARS, mind you.
Which brings me to the topic of this post: Chicken adobo. After eventually getting back to a semi-queasy normalcy in the afternoon, I needed to make something comforting and hearty (and easy!) for tonight's dinner. I also considered arroz caldo, but Russell helped me settle on adobo. Which was perfect, since I had been craving this since I started following The Adobo Hobo on Twitter.
Throw it all in a pot
Lookin good, smellin good
Time to eat!


1 comment:
looks so good!!! i just might make this tomorrow night!
Post a Comment